Sea Shore Paspalum (Great Coastal Grass, Warm Weather Grass, Drought Tolerant 9))
Sea Shore Platinum is an excellent homeowner friendly grass that does not necessarily need to be overseeded or fertilized heavily, and can save money over the course of the year when properly maintained. Platinum has a bright green color, with a medium-fine texture. It is ideal for warm climates. Paspalum has a shorter dormancy period then other warm weather grasses but can still be overseeded for winter color.
"Paspalum is a full sun grass and should not be used in shade"
WATERING: Proper watering upon installation is essential to successful establishment.
- Prior to installation, ensure irrigation systems are working properly and covering all areas to be planted.
- Water thoroughly upon installation ensuring that both the grass is wet and the soil is moist to a depth of 3”.
- In hot weather, water within a few hours of installation to mitigate severe damage or loss due to heat / dehydration stress.
- To promote root establishment, water as needed to maintain moist soil to a depth of 3” for the first 1-2 weeks.
- When proper rooting is evident, alter irrigation program accordingly
MOWING: New installations are often uneven and care should be taken not to scalp high spots.
- Mow within 10 days of installation and bag clippings the first few mows. Blade height between 1/2" - 3" with power reel mower. Upright growth allows for higher mowing height for rough 2-3+”. But density allows for tighter 1/2-1” height of cut as well
Minimum order of 500 sq. ft'
DELIVERY: "PLEASE ALLOW 3-5 DAYS FOR DELIVERY"
500-1000 sq. ft' - $75.00 Delivery Fee (included in price below)
1000 sq. ft' plus - Free Delivery (price below reflects free delivery)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Drought Tolerance 9
Disease Resistance 9
Wear Resistance 9
Shade Tolerance 2
Winter Color 5
Heat Tolerance 9