BANDERA BERMUDA - (Shade Tolerant Sports Field Turf Grass )
Bandera Bermuda is a deep blue-green Bermuda grass that has finished best in numerous university research studies for wear tolerance and recovery, drought resistance and tolerance and Bermuda grass shade tolerance. Found in professional and college sports venues, golf courses and home lawns, Bandera performs well across a variety of applications. Bandera is currently being used throughout the United States and around the world.
Bandera Bermuda provide excellent sod strength, recovery, wear-ability, and improved drought tolerance.
WATERING: Proper watering upon installation is essential to successful establishment.
- Prior to installation, ensure irrigation systems are working properly and covering all areas to be planted.
- Water thoroughly upon installation ensuring that both the grass is wet and the soil is moist to a depth of 3”.
- In hot weather, water within a few hours of installation to mitigate severe damage or loss due to heat / dehydration stress.
- To promote root establishment, water as needed to maintain moist soil to a depth of 3” for the first 1-2 weeks.
- Shaded areas and heavy soils require less water than full-sun areas and sandy soils.
- When proper rooting is evident, alter irrigation program accordingly
MOWING: New installations are often uneven and care should be taken not to scalp high spots.
- Mow within 10 days of installation and bag clippings the first few mows. Blade height between 1/2" - 3" with power reel or rotary mower. Upright growth allows for higher mowing height for rough 2-3+”. But density allows for tighter 1/2-1” height of cut as well
Minimum order of 500 sq. ft'
DELIVERY: "PLEASE ALLOW 2-3 DAYS FOR DELIVERY"
500-1000 sq. ft' - $75.00 Delivery Fee (included in price below)
1000 sq. ft' plus - Free Delivery (price below reflects free delivery)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Drought Tolerance 9
Disease Resistance 9
Wear Resistance 9
Shade Tolerance 7
Winter Color 7
Heat Tolerance 9